How to Create a Mockup Photo
If you want to wow your client when presenting your designs, you need to create a mockup of your work. This allows them to see their new product in a real-life setting.
Making it real creates real feelings for a client.
Mockups are also really great for displaying your work on your portfolio or website. I use them all the time!
Check on the video below to see how you can create a mockup in less than two minutes. It literally cannot be easier.
If you prefer to read the steps of how to create a mockup image, here they are:
- Find a mockup template
- I personally used freepik.com in this example. I searched “computer mockup” on their homepage.
- Download the template that looks like your brand the most.
- Take a screenshot or find an image that you want to insert into the mockup.
- In Photoshop, right click the layer that has the object in it, and select “Edit Contents”
- This will open a flat layer of the area you will be customizing. Place in your chosen image and make sure it fits the full canvas.
- When you are done, simply close that Photoshop window. This will open a prompt asking if you want to save your changes. Make sure you click yes!
- This will populate into the main images and you are all set.
Yes, it really is that easy!
Stay tuned for more tutorials to develop your skills and build your arsenal as a Graphic Designer.